YEEEE HAWWW!!! I've entered a parallel universe with WAVES!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderators: Shooshie, James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well every bit characteristic requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.

User avatar

pencilina
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu Nov xviii, 2004 10:01 pm
Main DAW OS: MacOS
Location: Brooklyn
Contact:

Hi,

G5(ppc) dudes... I still can't effigy out what's supposed to exist wrong with waves in DP. I utilize my beloved ren max bundle every day via MAS with no issues at all. I did notice at one indicate with my last DP upgrade having duplicate versions of plug ins which I eliminated by removing the AU wave vanquish. All rocks. Long alive waves.

b

Latest DP10, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 9900 dual kick 10.xiv.6/W10, 32G Ram, Asus Zenbook Flip i7Quad, Waves, Komplete, SoundToys, KH Diamond, EWQLSC, VCC, Audiofinder, Sibelius, Max/MSP, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and a Pencilina

User avatar

daveyboy
Posts: 871
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:01 pm
Master DAW Os: MacOS
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by daveyboy »

pencilina wrote:Hi,

G5(ppc) dudes... I still tin't figure out what's supposed to be wrong with waves in DP. I use my beloved ren max package every solar day via MAS with no issues at all. I did detect at 1 point with my concluding DP upgrade having duplicate versions of plug ins which I eliminated by removing the AU wave shell. All rocks. Long live waves.

b

I'm running burn down too over here on a G5 with waves in MAS format. Though, I often wonder that when I got rid of the duplicates that I should have made gotten rid of mas and non au just so that when I do transition to a newer version of waves I tin can open older projects. Hmmm.

Dave
www.dbwproductions.com
10 core IMac w/128 gbs ram, DP11, Logic10x and PT 12, 4 room commercial studio (tuned by Bob Hodas) cracking for producers and composers!

User avatar

pencilina
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu Nov xviii, 2004 10:01 pm
Principal DAW Bone: MacOS
Location: Brooklyn
Contact:

Post by pencilina »

Yea been thinking about the same affair, futurity proofing.. whatsoever... but if it works and is stable I don't see any need to fix it. Also I don't trust the AU versions of the plug ins. I call back having problems and confusion running both or maybe it was just with the AUs, in any case I got rid of them and no more problems.

Latest DP10, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 9900 dual kicking 10.14.half dozen/W10, 32G Ram, Asus Zenbook Flip i7Quad, Waves, Komplete, SoundToys, KH Diamond, EWQLSC, VCC, Audiofinder, Sibelius, Max/MSP, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and a Pencilina

BobK
Posts: 1476
Joined: Monday Oct eighteen, 2004 10:01 pm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS
Location: Oakland, CA
Contact:

Post past BobK »

I got my Renn Maxx bundle recognized by DP. Here'south how: Waves' reply to my email said to run the 'AU Regi util five.9.7 Beta' in the folder system HD/Applications/Waves five.9.seven Beta/Waveshells. When I tried that, I got this error message:

'Could non detect the file 'WavesShell-AU_5.9.7 Beta component' in the AudioUnits Components binder (/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components). Please install Waveshell-AU and try once again.'

I manually copied the file into that folder from Applications/Waves 5.nine.7 Beta/Waves, and and so was able to run the AU Regi util. So when I launched DP 5.12, it did the AU check, and the Waves plugs now showed up in the plug-in menu as expected.

Edit: I don't know why that file wasn't installed by the installer. I wrote back to Waves and asked. The tech didn't know why either, only seemed thrilled that I thought to do it past myself: 'you did a bang-up job, man.' In other cases, I might find this amusing; given Waves' track record with usa DP users, I notice that disappointing and unprofessional. The freakin' installer should work, menses.

I did a quick check past instantiating Renn Voxx, Renn Comp, and Renn Aqueduct, and they all opened up properly. In the previous version, the Waves plug-in windows would stutter a little and jump on the screen; this has been fixed, and so the windows open more smoothly. Will check their audio performance later.

Last edited by BobK on Thu Nov 01, 2007 eight:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob

Hackintosh i9-9900k - RX-580 - 32GB RAM - OpenCore 0.seven.9 - macOS 11.6.4
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Cadre i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS ten.15.7
DP 11.04
Metric Halo ULN-8 3d

User avatar

monkey man
Posts: 13637
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:01 pm
Principal DAW OS: MacOS
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postal service by monkey man »

"This should be resolved in an upcoming DP update", Waves said.

Well, whooppee doo.
Would anyone here vote for a pollie who states that he "should" become around to fixing this or that?
How about a plumber or an electrician who says he "should" be able to fix the sink/fridge - would you use him?

Shoosh et al, I'd nonetheless encompass my ass if I were yous guys; archetype signs of a lack of commitment exist here, and in my feel it pays not to ignore them. :?


Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.vi
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive iii.2.ane, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack
Pretend I've placed your favourite quote hither

User avatar

MIDI Life Crisis
Posts: 26254
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 10:01 pm
Primary DAW Bone: MacOS
Contact:

Mail by MIDI Life Crisis »

monkey man wrote:Would anyone here vote for a pollie who states that he "should" get effectually to fixing this or that?

Don't go there MM, you'll get us BOTH bumped off the site!

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX ten.14.6; DP x; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS

User avatar

monkey man
Posts: 13637
Joined: Fri April 22, 2005 10:01 pm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS
Location: Melbourne, Commonwealth of australia

Post by monkey man »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:

monkey man wrote:Would anyone hither vote for a pollie who states that he "should" get effectually to fixing this or that?

Don't become there MM, yous'll go us BOTH bumped off the site!

Aah... the wisdom of the Gorilla...

Can y'all believe it's you who'southward tellin' me to take it easy? :lol:


Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.xiii.six
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive three.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack
Pretend I've placed your favourite quote hither

David Polich
Posts: 4788
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 x:01 pm
Primary DAW Os: MacOS
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Post by David Polich »

BobK wrote:I got my Renn Maxx packet recognized past DP. Hither's how: Waves' answer to my e-mail said to run the 'AU Regi util 5.9.7 Beta' in the binder system Hard disk drive/Applications/Waves v.9.7 Beta/Waveshells. When I tried that, I got this error message:

'Could not notice the file 'WavesShell-AU_5.9.vii Beta component' in the AudioUnits Components folder (/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components). Please install Waveshell-AU and try over again.'

I manually copied the file into that folder from Applications/Waves 5.nine.7 Beta/Waves, and so was able to run the AU Regi util. Then when I launched DP 5.12, it did the AU check, and the Waves plugs now showed up in the plug-in menu as expected.

Edit: I don't know why that file wasn't installed past the installer. I wrote back to Waves and asked. The tech didn't know why either, simply seemed thrilled that I idea to do it by myself: 'you did a cracking job, human being.' In other cases, I might find this amusing; given Waves' rails tape with united states of america DP users, I find that disappointing and unprofessional. The freakin' installer should work, period.

I did a quick check past instantiating Renn Voxx, Renn Comp, and Renn Channel, and they all opened upwards properly. In the previous version, the Waves plug-in windows would stutter a trivial and jump on the screen; this has been fixed, so the windows open more smoothly. Will check their audio performance later.

Phew! That's a relief

User avatar

toodamnhip
Posts: 3831
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:01 pm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS
Contact:

Postal service past toodamnhip »

Shooshie wrote:

Waves wrote:Delight annotation that this is a public beta version intended only for users of MOTU Digital Performer five.12 under the Audio Units (AU) plug-in architecture. Other AU hosts, such every bit Apple Logic, are not yet supported with this beta version.
This version is uniform with both PPC and Intel-based Mac.
The Waves 5.9.vii Enabler allows y'all to run Waves V5 products on DP5.12.
It is available for products covered past the Waves Update Programme.
You demand to have both your products and the Waves 5.nine.7 Enabler authorized to the same iLok central in social club to utilise your products in DP5.12.
Your products must exist already authorized to your iLok key before yous can register the V5.nine.7 Enabler.

Now, do you supposed if I install this, that it's going to break my Logic Waves installation? Hmmm... I've got to call up this through. I'm non installing information technology until I talk to Waves Tech Support tomorrow on the phone.

But that's not a problem. The expert news, whether I install it or not, is that Waves has not dropped support for Digital Performer! Faith (forth with a very expensive WUP) has paid off. I could not exist more than happy nigh it.

Shooshie

To me, in that location was never a question of whether waves would support DP..the were a million other questions, similar why did information technology have then damn long, what the hell happened in DP to break waves, what priority does waves take for us here at MOTU, and of course, on a HUMANE level...what kind of terrible situation would have to occur to make such a dandy guy as Shooshie get so DAMN mad!..lol...

I hope whence this update takes concord and finally works, youre restored to the old Shoosh nosotros all knew and admired earlier the waves debacle..lol...
(not to say nosotros nonetheless don't all luv ya man)...

Happy Waving shoosh..I too will go on with caution, such made easier for me by the fact that my Wup expired long ago and my stuff is basically working..of course, i have yet to move to intel....

so I take a little luxury to sit down back and let you all be my byoches and de issues all this for me..and for that..I thank you..(smiiiiile)..

David

Mac Pro (Late 2013
ii.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.xiii
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD difficult drives etc

User avatar

toodamnhip
Posts: 3831
Joined: Friday January 07, 2005 10:01 pm
Main DAW Bone: MacOS
Contact:

Postal service by toodamnhip »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I feel like I'one thousand living on a desert island; only I don't have waves. What good is an island w/o waves? And where's all the cute native girls at?

Hither comes one now:

http://www.erbzine.com/mag17/hw07h4.jpg

OMG! Who DOES need waves? Heck, I don't even demand DP anymore.

See you guys in the morning time... <c'mere baby!>

now that'southward a beautiful pic, if you like that, may I suggest you spotter a movie with marlin brando most christopher columbus, in there, you volition see THE island girl of your dreams...

Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP ten.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD difficult drives etc

User avatar

MIDI Life Crunch
Posts: 26254
Joined: Wednesday May 18, 2005 10:01 pm
Master DAW Os: MacOS
Contact:

Mail service past MIDI Life Crunch »

toodamnhip wrote:...may I advise you lot sentinel a motion picture with marlin brando nearly christopher columbus...

Do you hateful the thespian Marlon Brando? Or the fish, Marlin Brando? I mean, I sort of like mermaids besides. :)

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.fourteen.half dozen; DP 10; Track sixteen; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE Crisis

User avatar

XYZ
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Oct xvi, 2004 ten:01 pm
Main DAW OS: MacOS
Location: California

Post by XYZ »

For you G5 users, I would suggest you lot Non upgrade. For us Intel Mac users, we take been out in the cold for well over a year. I'yard nervous nigh trying the beta, but I will exist fatigued to it, considering information technology will actually permit me to use Waves again, and, hopefully open the one-time projects I take mixed on my previous G5. My hope is that if it doesn't work out, can I at to the lowest degree back upwards to the electric current waves revision? I'one thousand pretty sure the respond is yes. Does anyone know? Has anyone tried the beta, gotten disallusioned with it, and successfully backed down the the Logic AU Intel revision of waves?

************************************************
MacPro2.66/3GB/828mk3/Rosetta800/UAD-2Quad/Waves/

BobK
Posts: 1476
Joined: Mon Oct eighteen, 2004 ten:01 pm
Principal DAW Os: MacOS
Location: Oakland, CA
Contact:

Post by BobK »

XYZ wrote:For yous G5 users, I would suggest you NOT upgrade.

Why not? I got it to work on my G5, and then far it seems fine.

Bob

Hackintosh i9-9900k - RX-580 - 32GB RAM - OpenCore 0.seven.9 - macOS 11.6.4
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - ii.vi GHz Intel Cadre i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS x.fifteen.vii
DP 11.04
Metric Halo ULN-8 3d

User avatar

James Steele
Site Administrator
Posts: 17789
Joined: Friday October 15, 2004 10:01 pm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS
Location: San Diego, CA - U.South.A.
Contact:

Post by James Steele »

ATTN: All silly political tangents deleted.

JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

MacPro5,1 12-Core 3.33, 48GB RAM, macOS 10.fourteen.six, Radeon HD 7950 3 GB, DP eleven.04, MOTU HD192, 24I/O, Panel 1, UAD-ii Duo, Lucid GENx192, HV-3C, Red Type B, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!

User avatar

FMiguelez
Posts: 8202
Joined: Lord's day Oct 24, 2004 10:01 pm
Master DAW Os: MacOS
Location: Body: Narco-México Soul/Center: NYC

Mail by FMiguelez »

Splinter wrote:...we can talk over how Native Instruments is worse than Waves for upgrades, customer loyalty, and visitor policy.

Are you lot serious?? :shock: :shock: Is that even possible???

If yous're totally serious I'd be interested in listening about this. I was contemplating buying some of their stuff at some indicate...

Thank you.

Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX ten.xiv / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track sixteen, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the example in human affairs. Hence, what is non surrounded past uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman

Return to "Digital Performer [MacOS]: Troubleshooting/Criticism"